Friday, October 28, 2011

How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds

Team - This is roasting pumpkin seeds made easy! I apologize this week has had a limited amount of posts, but my life has been extremely busy. Bad or good, I still find the time to exercise.  A big thanks to Tara, Vicky, and Alyson for giving me some motivation on my Facebook Page. I appreciate your feedback!


Let me begin by saying Happy Halloween. Halloween is the start to a wonderful season.  October starts colder weather, beautiful leaves changing, and the smell of cinnamon and nutmeg all throughout the house.



It doesn't matter the age, I will always carve a pumpkin.  It brings back wonderful childhood memories. I always put nutmeg and cinnamon on the bottom of the pumpkin lid before I light it because it turns into a homemade candle.  Here is my pumpkin from this year:


Back to the important part! Grab your ingredients for the Pumpkin Seeds.
  • At least 3 cups of Pumpkin Seeds
  • 1/4 Cup Honey
  • Tsp Cinnamon
  • A few tsp's of Brown Sugar


2. Put all of your ingredients in a bowl and mix up.
3. After greasing, smear a single layer of pumpkin seeds on a sheet pan. 


4.  Preheat oven to 350* and let the seeds roast for 15 minutes.


5. After 15 minutes, take the seeds out and sprinkle sugar on top - optional - put the seeds back in the oven for an additional 15 minutes.


6. Take out the seeds and move them around on the sheet pan.  Put a few in a bowl, add sugar again if you want and enjoy!


Although these are not the healthiest, just eat'em in moderation.  

0 - Leave a Comment:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...