Saturday, September 3, 2011

Kettlebell workout for Beginners

Team - Happy Labor Day weekend!  This Weekend Workout features our favorite fitness friend, the Kettlebell.  Kettlebell workouts are great because simplicity is key.  Similar to this workout, all exercises performed with the Kettlebell should be easy to perform.  Easy to perform does not mean easy.  The Kettlebell will help you achieve a total body workout.

The Kettlebell is a strength training piece of equipment.  And to be frank, it's a weight with a handle on the top.  All jokes aside, this simple thing can also help you get a heck of a workout!  Although this is perceived as strength training, you will notice that your cardio fitness abilities will be challenged as well.  I used a 15lb Kettlebell in this workout and before I started the workout I kept thinking, "I wish this was about 25 lbs," but I was thankful it was lighter by the end of the workout.

This Weekend Workout features classic Kettlebell exercises:

1.  Squat
2.  Double Arm Kettlebell Swing
3.  Squat with Shoulder Press
4.  Clean to Shoulder (right side)
5.  One Arm Overhead Press (right side)
6.  Overhead Extension with Opposite Lunge
7.  Clean to Shoulder (left side)
8.  One Arm Overhead Press (left side)
9.  Overhead Extension with Opposite Lunge
10.  One Arm Kettlebell Swing



I have to share this with you.  It use to take me ALL weekend to upload these workouts and this video only took 20 minutes to upload! After 3 months, I finally figured it out.  Now off to enjoy a wonderful weekend with friends.  Hope you had a great workout.  Comment and let me know what you think, I would love to hear from you!

0 - Leave a Comment:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...