Friday, August 12, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken Recipe - Chicken Salsa

Team - Today's recipe will take minutes to prepare and is easy on the bank account. This recipe was passed on to me from my Mother's coworker. Kendra heard about my Crock Pot recipe obsession and shared this recipe.  Once you see the ingredients, you'll know why this was a crowd favorite!

Crock-Pot Salsa Chicken
-Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
-Salsa to cover the Chicken Breasts (I used the same salsa from the Guacamole Recipe a couple weeks ago)
-Slow Cooker/Crock Pot
-Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners - (the best invention, no mess cleanup)
-4-8 hours on Low to cook

See why I love this recipe! This is all you'll need...

Gather your ingredients:


Get out one Crock Pot Liner and the Crock Pot:


They don't melt, rarely tear and you have NO mess to cleanup - amazing!


Open your Chicken Breasts, carefully place them in slow cooker and then wash your hands.  As you can see in the below picture, I just put them right beside each other. 


Pour the Salsa (spice level of your choice) directly on top of your chicken.


Cover all of the Chicken Breasts with Salsa. The water and tomatoes in the salsa will infuse the chicken to make it tender and juicy. It's amazing!


Here is the best part: set the slow cooker on Low and go to work. The second best part is to forget you put the chicken in the Crock Pot and come home to the aromas of dinner throughout the kitchen. A great surprise! I usually leave work around 8:30am and don't get home until 8pm at night, so plan on 4-8 hours of cooking time on Low.  Cooking time can vary based on temperature setting and variety of Crock Pots.


Finally, enjoy your Crock Pot Chicken Salsa Recipe.  My dinner below was chicken, fresh salad and corn on the cob.  The chicken is always so juicy, Yum!


As you can tell there are two things in life that get me going: food and exercising. Exercising is my first love and fulfills my creative side; food is the perfect compliment to my first love. That is my life in a nutshell.

What is your top love? Diet or exercise? Neither or both? Enjoy the Chicken and let me know what side items you could have with this delicious recipe.

0 - Leave a Comment:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...